Do the big and long hairstyles seem attractive to you? You are at the right place. Big Afro hairstyles are basically the bigger and greater version of the Afro hairstyles. Afro which is sometimes shortened as ‘FRO, is a hairstyle worn naturally outward by The African American black people. This hairdo is implemented by combing the locks away from the scalp, letting the hair to encompass from the head in a large, curved shape, much like a cloudy ball.
Today’s discussion is about the bigger and greater versions of the classic Afro haircut or hairdo. We have picked the best 50 Afro hairstyles through internet research and from the professionals for you. We will present the hairstyles in front of you while discussing the pros and cons of the big Afro hairstyles.
The big Afro hairstyles were basically introduced in the United States in the 1960s. And these hairstyles are shaped and maintained with the help of a wide-toothed comb colloquially known as an Afro pick. With the passage of time, The Afro hairstyles have been modified in a greater range. More color, shape, and patterns have been added to the Afro hairstyles to have a different and distinctive look.
- Select any of the styles you want for your afro hair from this article.
- Trim or grow your hair to the desired length.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Go to your nearby salon and Observe the techniques the stylists use. Notice how they put the curlers in your hair. Watch how long the chemicals are being applied. With this information gathered, you’ll be able to get a perm kit at the store and safely give yourself a perm at home. Always try to use the Small curlers are best to create the tightest afro.
- Wait a few days to allow the perm to settle. Avoid washing or combing your locks for a couple of days immediately after your perm. Allowing the perm to relax will assist the effects of the perm to last lengthier and keep your hair vigorous.
- Comb out your curls with a wide-toothed pick comb to separate the curls. It will loosen up the locks just enough to backcomb.
- Rat out the curls by backcombing with a fine-tooth comb to separate the curls and give your locks a fuller afro look. Hold a small unit of hair taut with your fingers. Smaller units will make for greater volume in your hair but will take a bit longer to do.
Use a fine-toothed comb to moderately comb the hair down toward your scalp. Use just enough pressure to produce some tangles, but not so much that the hair breaks. Repeat until the section has the desired volume.
- Style your afro. Ditch your combs! Give Shapes to your afro hair with your hands and a pick comb. You can Only apply hairspray to help it hold if needed. As the curly hair tends to get dry, you can apply shea or coconut butter regularly to help keep your hair moisturized and glossy.
After the Big Afro hairstyle is done, its time to take good care of it. The care you will give it, the more durability the Afro will give you back. Herby, we will suggest you some beat care tips for maintaining the big Afro hairstyles.
- Comb it the right way. And Gently run your fingers through your hair before brushing or combing it.
- Keep your hair’s volume and keep it from getting tangled and hard to comb. Be careful especially at the time of sleeping.
- Keep it moisturized. Rub your product of choice into your hair for 2-3 minutes before combing.
- Apply more moisture to the ends of your hair to keep them from splitting or breaking.
- Wrap your hair in a satin scarf or head wrap when you go to bed to help keep in the nutrients and help avoid hair breakage.
Home Remedies for the Big Afro Hairstyles:
Castor oil is filled with nutrients such as vitamin C, proteins, amino acid and omega-6 fatty acids, which help prevent hair breakage and split ends. Using it will boost blood circulation to the hair follicles (skin organ that produces hair), which will lead to hair growth.
Olive oil is good, both internally and externally. Rub some olive oil onto your fingertips and massage onto your scalp to help get rid of dandruff or an itchy scalp. Olive oil is one of the few oils that does not coat (close the hair roots and cuticle) your hair.
How much time your perm will last?
Well, the answer depends. The hair care products you use, the care you take and how well you completed the process affect the durability of the perm. But most of the time the perm lasts for one year.
How to choose the right one for you. In case of deciding the right big Afro hairstyles for you, you can take help from a hairstylist. Or more simply do that one which looks good to you. But while choosing the big afro hairstyle, you should know about your face shape and hair length. And you should choose the style according to these characteristics.
Today, the big Afro hairstyles are being used by millions of people all over the world including your favorite celebrities. For instance, Esperanza Spalding, Erykah Badu, Solange Knowles Etc.
In the end, we will love to give you a message that, this article contains world’s best Afro Hairstyles in images and at the same time, we have discussed the pros and cons of the Afro and big afro hairstyles. So, for knowing about afro you do not need to go anywhere else.