Protective hairstyles are used largely by the African American women every day like the cornrows, the crochet braids, the box braids etc. But in the new era, you must have to try the best and trendy protective hairstyle. Yes, it is a box braiding hairstyle but with a different nature and appeal. It’s the Jumbo box braids. This elegant braiding hairstyle is characterized by copious braids and a projecting parting design. Jumbo box braids are popular during warmer months and to the women who don’t have that time to spend much on styling their hair daily. This is quick, easy and less time-consuming. And, the fun part is that with just a little bit of practice, you yourself can style your hair with the gorgeous jumbo box brads.
What will you need:
Before you start styling your hair with Jumbo box braids, you must gather these elements as tools and requirements.
- Boiling hot water
- Hair Elastics
- Sectioning clips
- Edge wax
- Sectioning clips
- Wide-toothed comb
- Rattail comb
How to Do:
Well, you will get a lot of blogs, YouTube videos and instructions on the internet in the topic ‘How to make jumbo box braids by yourselves’. But to remind you of the whole process, here’s what we have got for you.
- A day before, do a hot oil treatment, wash, and condition your hair.
- Remove all the knots and tangles from your hair with a wide-toothed
- Section away all the hair at the top of your head, leaving loose the hair from about 3 inches above the nape of your neck.
- With the tail end of your rat tail comb, create a square-shaped parting about 3” x 3” in size.
- Smoothen down the edges of the parting with edge wax and tie the hair tightly with a hair elastic.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to divide all your hair and form the foundation of your jumbo box braids.
- Pick up a thick weft of hair extensions and fold it in half to form an upside-down U.
- Place either side of the U on either side of one section of your natural hair.
- Re-divide the hair extensions into 3 sections and add you’re natural hair into one of the sections.
- Braid with these 3 sections right till the end and secure it by burning the ends with a lighter for about 3-5 seconds.
- Repeat points 7 to 10 on all the sections of hair to create your jumbo box braids.
- Dunk the ends of all your braids in a mug of boiling hot water to fuse them together and secure them completely.
These are the basic process practiced all over the world according to the internet, hairstyle blogs, YouTube and the hairstylists. With these processes, you can get the most perfect jumbo box braids with the most trending pattern and texture.
- Now, we want to show you some beat ways you can style your box braids. Keep scrolling to know more about the styles.
Blonde, Long and Spiky Jumbo Braids
Going somewhere like parties, gatherings or tour? You must need an attractive and glamorous hairstyle to beautify you. In this situation you a have a golden option to manipulate. You can use a golden long jumbo box braid with the spiky edges.
Red Accented Jumbo Box Braids with Beads and Cornrows
With the nature and style of occasions and seasons, your jumbo box braids will be different. When you are at a party or wedding, you need to take special care of your hair and hairstyle. In this case, you may have a headache of choosing the right hairstyle. But what else can give you such a glamour and attractiveness except for this red accented jumbo box braided beads and cornrows?
3.Criss Cross Accented Jumbo Box Braids
Criss Cross Accented Jumbo Box Braids are very much popular among the young African American women. In this hairstyle, you will need the jumbo box braids and some Criss cross hair guarder and metal beads. That’s all, and now you are all set.
Floral Bun with The Giant Jumbo Braids
Now, this one is a little bit different and gorgeous. In most of the time, the jumbo box braids are used with the conventional forms of hairstyles. But here, the braids are colored blonde in the edges and the edges are mobilized beautifully to make a floral look in the backside of the head. How sexy and cute this is!
Criss Cross Hair Guarders, Beads, Red Highlights
Want to add a touch of glamour to your plain jet-black jumbo box braids? Try to play around with some colorful thread to accent them. To get this royal touch, accent some of your braids with gold and copper threads wrapped in a zigzag pattern around them.
Jumbo Box Braided Giant Topknot
We are now going to introduce you with the most popular form of hairstyle made by the jumbo braiding hairstyles. And that’s the topknot hairstyle with these lovely braids. You can select any of the hairstyles from the below as a topknot hairstyle with the Jumbo box braids. The Topknot can be pink, natural colored or the whole hairstyle can be full blonde. You choose the best fit for you.
Bob Knot, Beads
Bob is a modern hairstyle mostly used by African American women. And I know, you have tried different types of braids to make beautiful bob hairstyle. Herby, I will suggest you make a bob hairstyle with the Jumbo box braids. Additionally, a topknot with the bob braids will make you look like a living princess.
Jumbo Box Braids Ponytail
Ponytail hairstyle is a great relief when you are passing the hot summer season and working out. To keep the braids off your face, you can try the jumbo braided ponytail hairstyle. This will let you enjoy a hassle-free environment during the work session. Additionally, you will get a sharp and sexy look to the others.
Bob and Jumbo Braids
Well, this one is almost like the number 7 bob hairstyle with topknot with the sexy jumbo box braids. Here, we will exclude the topknot only. And believe me, anyone will fall in love with your cute hairstyle after seeing this hairdo.
Some Other Categories
For the variety of choice and providing a wide range of options, we have arranged some other jumbo box braids hairstyles which are also used widely by the African American people across the world you can try these styles too as per your choice and demand.
Finally, we expect something from you too. How were this article and the hairstyles we have provided? DO you like them? Or Do you have any suggestion? Write to us in the comments box. We will be glad to hear from you.