Well, well, we have got an African American beautiful lady visiting our blog in search of shoulder length dreads. First of all, you are warmly welcome in our blog. And we assure you that you are at the perfect place for what you are searching. Here you will get the fantastic ideas of shoulder-length dreadlocks hairstyles which are especially designed and innovated for the African American Black women. All you have to do is to go through the whole article till end.
In this article we are going to discuss the most stunning 44 shoulder-length dreads for you and your close ones. With that, you will get to know almost everything about the shoulder-length dreadlocks in this article. The pricing, how to, durability, availability and some other related and relevant information will be available for you through this article. So, hold tight because we are going to start the journey to the world of 40+ shoulder-length dreadlocks.
What are Dreads?
Dreads are a very ancient hairstyle used mainly by the Indian people. The ancient Indian saints used to grow their hair in the extent that the natural hair would transform into dreads. In Sanskrit, it is called ‘Jata’. With the passage of time, the dreads can be made artificially with a tremendous modification in color, effect and length. Today the dreads are very much popular among the African American black people and a large market of the dread hair.
What are Shoulder Length Dreadlocks?
Shoulder length dreadlocs are also dreadlocks hairstyles in a short form. In this hairstyle, the dreadlocks are cut short to till the shoulder like a bob haircut. The images presented here you give you some practical ideas about the length of shoulder-length dreadlocks. These locks are made with artificial or synthetic dreads and shaped as bob or short hairstyles.
Why Would You use Shoulder Length Dreads?
Well, there are a number of reasons why you will be interested to use shoulder-length dreads. Millions of people are using these wild and crazy hairstyles regularly all over the world including African American women. Here are some reasons which will inspire you to use a shoulder-length dread.
- It will give you an enchanting effect on your hairstyle
- When it is warmer outside, you can wear these wonderful hairstyles rather than the normal dreadlocks. It will help you feel light and relaxed.
- These hairstyles are suitable for a tour or vacation or a date.
- It will help you to have a look like a Rockstar.
- Shoulder Length Dreads are not bushy and heavy to carry. So, you will feel the ultimate comfort after wearing these.
Which Accessories You Can Use with the Shoulder Length Dreads?
Accessories add some extra effect and put some life to your hairstyles. That’s why many of the women of African American ethnicity love to wear different types of accessories with their regular hairstyles. In the case of Shoulder length dreadlocs, you will have that opportunity too. You will be able to use beads, headbands, crisscross hair guarders, ribbons with this hairstyle.
How to Make Shoulder Length Dreadlocks?
Making shoulder-length dreadlocks is just like making the normal dreadlocks hairstyles. We will describe the whole process in 100 points. By following these processes, you will be able to make the dreadlocks on your own at home.
- Wash your hair using a residue-free clarifying shampoo.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to section your hair into square shapes. Hold the bottom left squares apart from each other by using small rubber bands. Each square of hair will become a deadlock.
- Backcomb the hair or wrap it around your finger in sections.
- Secure the dreads with rubber bands or elastic hair bands.
- Apply a dread wax to the dreads.
- Roll the dreads between your palm if you don’t want to use wax.
And that is how you can make your own shoulder-length dreadlocks at home. If you are a beginner you can watch YouTube tutorial videos to have some practical knowledge about these hairstyles. Otherwise, you can just go to your nearby salon and ask the stylist to do the dreads for you.
How Will You Take Care of Your Shoulder Length Dreads?
Dreads are sensitive. If you do not take proper care of these hairstyles, you may face scalp infection and hair breakage. For that, we have prepared a general guideline for you to take care of your shoulder-length dreadlocks. Please follow the list to know about the caring process about the dreads.
- Roll the dreads once a day.
- Moisturize the dreads daily to prevent breakage.
- Wash your hair with shampoo once a week.
- Tuck in the loose hairs.
- Rub the roots to help new hair growth dread.
Apart from these, you have to do the following process to maintain the proper beauty and effect of your shoulder-length dreadlocks.
- Remove the rubber bands once your dreads have locked.
- Keep shampooing once a week.
- Condition the hair with an apple cider vinegar rinse twice a month.
- Cover your hair with a silk cap or scarf while you sleep.
Pricing and Availability of Shoulder-Length DreadLocks
Dreads are available in every beauty shops and salons near you. You can find these dreads anywhere in the USA. All you have to do is to pick the color and length of your desired dreads. And the price range is also reasonable and under the purchasing capacity of every African American people. One more thing you need to about the shoulder-length dreadlocks that you may need 3-5 hours to make these dreads and you should not use the same dreads for more than two months or 8 weeks.
Now pick your favorite hairstyle from the presented dreads images and equip yourself as the most beautiful and charming woman of the world. Put your valuable comments, feedback and other transferable information to the comment box and directly send it to us. Your feedback inspires us to write something new for you.